CODY LEDVINA

Dog Ladder, 2012, 30 x 80 in., acrylic on assorted paper




A. The tallness should've been taller but my ceiling is only 8 ft. The stacked dogs provide a ladder for a bank robbery. They look to you to climb them and get rich. I know it would even better if there were more of them. This way you can only imagine how tall that wall would be. At this point the height really only allows you to imagine breaking into a regional bank.

Either way, you are going to have more money at the end of the day.

A. Over the course of my new application techniques (where I collage images in) the paper is bending into higher and higher reliefs. Which makes me believe these things will eventually just have to become sculptural. In any case, I have no idea where the images come from or how they evolve into a finished piece. I knew I wanted a stack of dogs after I watched the film "Thief" but had no direction to how it would actually look. It ended up working out ok.

A. Houston is cool because we have pool weather for so long yet everyone bitches about it. If I was everyone, I'd post up by a pool and talk to your friends. The internet has made the American cultural conversation expand outside of traditional hubs which allows for artists and art related people have a strong connection to that conversation while paying less in living. Plus, it's a fun place with no presumption about who you need to be.


codyledvina.com