JONATHAN RYAN STORM

Untitled (Ribbon), 2012, Fabric on Canvas, 14 x 11 in.
A. Here is a fabric painting of a rugby shirt. It came from Experienced Goods, a thrift store in my old town of Brattleboro VT.
A. I saw the shirt. And I was obsessed with the three lines. As much as you can be obsessed with three lines. It wound up being a part of a series of fabric paintings based on materials collected from the area. One came from a shirt left in a free-pile by Chris Weisman. Another was from a blanket given to me by Abby Banks. They end up telling a story, I think, when they're all together. But separate, they just sit their quietly.
Untitled (Moire), 2012, Fabric on Canvas, 14 x 11 in.

A. I moved back to Houston a month and a half ago. It's really something, being closer to the equator. Texas is a loud talker. When it walks in the room you know it's there.


Jonathan Ryan Storm